DY Patil T20 Cup saw top international Indian players playing in the tournament for testing their fitness. The tournament saw the Shikhar Dhawan, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Manish Pandey, Shreyas Iyer, Sanju Samson playing in the tournament.
Watch Hardik Pandya’s 158 runs in 55 balls:
The tournament spanned from 24th February 2020 to 6th March 2020 with 16 teams taking part in it.
With 6th March being the last day of the tournament and also with the semi-finals and finals played on the day as well, we saw some extraordinary comebacks and performances from our own Indian players.
Here is the complete list of fixtures from the D.Y.Patil T20 Cup of all the nine days:
The four teams which qualified for the semi-finals were Indian Oil, Western Railway, Reliance 1, BPCL.
Indian Oil, however, defeated the mighty Reliance 1 in the final to win the DY Patil T20 Cup.
But over that what impressed me a lot was the comebacks of our regular Indian players and the performances of our youngster.
The tournament saw some extraordinary performances from Hardik Pandya, Suryakumar Yadav, and co. throughout the season.
Road Safety World Series 2020: Fixtures, schedule, venues, squads, match timings, and live streaming details
Positives from the DY Patil Cup:
1. Hardik Pandya: He has made an incredible comeback to professional cricket after his injury. He just came and smashed every ball out of the park. He scored two centuries scoring, 105 off just 39 balls and 158 runs of 55 balls.Hardik scored a record 20 sixes in his innings of 158 off just 55 balls surpassing Shreyas Iyer’s record of highest individual T20 score by an Indian batsman, which was 147 off 55 balls in 2018-19 in Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy. Click To Tweet
Not only with the bat, but he also impressed with the ball by taking a 5-fifer in the same match where he scored the first hundred.
With the 2020 T20I World cup just seven months away, a fully fit Hardik Pandya is a huge plus for India. He finished with the most wickets (14) in the tournament as well.
2. Suryakumar Yadav: SKY as he is called as his nickname, has been proving that even the sky is not the limit for him. He has been incredibly consistent in the past 2-3 years in domestic cricket. He has scored a truckload of runs in all formats especially in the T20s and still he hasn’t got an opportunity to play for India.
I just hope he keeps his form this way and performs for Mumbai in IPL 2020 and eventually also get an opportunity to play for India come World T20 2020. He ended the tournament with the most runs 441 in six innings with an average of 88.20 and a strike rate of 208.02.
Also, Learn about Pakistan Premier League (PSL) 2020: Everything you need to know!
3. Shikhar Dhawan: Dhawan also showed some good form providing good starts for Reliance 1 throughout the season. He played quickfire knocks in the top of the order and his performances could well bring him back to the Indian T20I side.
WATCH Shikhar Bat at the DY Patil T20 Cup:
4. Rahul Chahar: Rahul Chahar also performed extremely well during the tournament finishing with 11 wickets in 5 matches posing a strong case for his selection on the Indian side for the upcoming T20Is series and World T20 2020.
5. Youngsters performing: Aditya Tare, Anmolpreet Singh, Avesh Khan, Akarshit Gomel, Abhishek Sharma, Vaibhav Mali all impressed with their performances in the DY Patil T20 Cup!
Complete stats of all the leading run-scorers and wicket-takers: https://tripoturf.com/Tournament/tournament-details/16tPatT20Cup202
With the IPL just 3 weeks away, these players got a chance to test their fitness and practice their skills and perform at the best of their capabilities.